Meet Thomas Amburgey – Asheville Criminal Defense Lawyer
Thomas Amburgey has tried hundreds of cases in front of a judge and over 70 in front of a jury.
Amburgey Law is based in Asheville, and we represent clients across Western North Carolina.
Thomas Amburgey Is a former prosecutor, and board-certified specialist in state criminal law. As an assistant District Attorney for Buncombe County, he handled thousands of cases, ranging from speeding tickets to first degree murder. That immeasurable experience gives him an advantage in the courtroom.
Many criminal defense attorneys only experience a handful of trials. Thomas Amburgey has tried hundreds of cases in front of a judge and over 70 in front of a jury. Regardless of the charge, Amburgey Law has the trial experience to defend you.
In 2017, Thomas received an AV Preeminent Peer Rating from Martindale Hubbell, America’s oldest and most respected peer review entity. Later that year, he received Avvo’s 2017 Client Choice Award.
- Appalachian School of Law, Grundy, VA 2007
- Juris Doctor
- Honors Deans List spring 2005, finished in top 25% of class for first year.
- Activities Student Bar Association, Student Ambassador, Phi Delta Phi, 5k Memorial Race Committee, Domestic Abuse Counselor, Member of ASL Softball Team
- East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Corporate Finance
- Minor, Political Science
- Activities Sigma Phi Epsilon (President, Vice President, Treasurer, and national delegate), Member of the Student Athletic Advisory Board, and Intramurals.
- Board Certified Specialist in State Criminal Law, North Carolina State Bar, 2015
- Top 40 under 40, The National Trial Lawyers
- Clients Choice award, criminal defense lawyers, AVVO, 2017
- AV Preeminent Peer Rated, Martindale Hubbell – 2017
- State of North Carolina, 2007 – Present
Professional Memberships & Associations:
- Buncombe County Bar Association, Executive Committee Member, 2013 – 2016